MacBook Air, a line of Macintosh sub notebook computers has an exclusive and engaging design. This product is supplied with high-end features, manufactured by Apple Inc. With an incredible battery life that allows you to work unplugged for 12 hours, it delivers the best performance among others. Despite being user-friendly, there can be abrupt battery issues in case you are using the laptop for a prolonged time. You may find that your MacBook switches off randomly, even if there is sufficient enduring charge left. You can efficiently resolve this tricky situation by going through this article. Furthermore, at the end of this article, you will be able to carry out MacBook Air battery replacement process with ease. Also, you can connect with our Apple Customer Service to get an instant solution.
Causes For MacBook Air Replacement Battery
A countless number of factors can generate the real-time problems with the battery. Take a glance at the underlying reasons to avoid running into the same hassle in future.
- It might be that over time, the batteries are losing their ability to hold a charge.
- If the old battery swells up, then you must replace it at the earliest to prevent further damage to your device.
- You may find that the battery indicator LED is not glowing.
- Often, it may so happen that the laptop is unable to recognize the battery.
- It may so happen that charge of the battery is stuck at a particular percentage, then it is an indication that you need to replace the battery.
Troubleshoot MacBook Air Battery Replacement?
Proceed with the below-mentioned steps to carry out MacBook Air battery Replacement securely.
Fix 1: Charge Battery In BIOS Mode
First, you need to check whether there is an issue with the battery or if there is a fault in the adapter. There are several settings within the operating system like power management settings or device drivers, that can affect the battery’s performance try to charge the laptop battery outside the operating system, in the BIOS mode. This will isolate the hardware associated with such battery issues.
- First, you have to turn off the laptop and then on restarting keep tapping the F2 key on your keyboard, to access the BIOS Setup.
- Then, charge the battery within BIOS and verify if the battery charge percentage increases. Lastly, reboot the PC.
Fix 2: Proceed To Replace Battery
For the battery replacement on the MacBook Air, you need to follow the subsequent steps:
- First, Shut down the MacBook Air and disconnect the power supply. Then you need to unscrew and remove the base. After that lift off the battery connector. Now, undo the screws that are holding the battery in place and lift the old battery out.
- Check the new battery for its compatibility and then place the new battery in place of the previous one. Secure the screws and plug in the connector and put the base back in its place. Additionally, you can blow and remove away the dust and debris. After that, you need to calibrate the new battery.
- Check if the new battery is charging or not, then switch the power management settings from the System Preferences tab. Additionally, turn on the Energy Saver to disable the power management.
- Lastly, unplug the MacBook Air and allow the battery to drain thoroughly. As soon as the system turns off, unplug it and ensure that the battery is entirely depleted.
Adequately recharge the battery and then arrange the power settings based on your preference. This article will be able to help you adequately with MacBook Air battery replacement. However, if you are not tech-savvy, then you can consult with an experienced technician to do the work for you.
Get In Touch With Experts – Instant Assistance
Are you in search of a reliable service provider to help you with MacBook Air battery replacement? Then your search ends with Mac Support. You can avail of budget-friendly tech services based upon your requirement. Talk with the helpdesk associates who can help you to determine the cause of your MacBook Air issues. Dial Mac Support Number +1-855-729-1098 to avail 24×7 assistance. In case, the phone lines are busy, then you can mail your request at [email protected] Furthermore, you also get instant replies from the executives through live chat portal.