Seldom it has been found that the users encounter Mac finder error code -36 while accessing their Mac device. This particular error code basically occurs due to improper OS maintenance.
Thus, you need to take care of the system files, latest updates and as well as the relevant software and so on.
When the users find this error code on their Mac, they receive an error message of “.DS_Store” can’t be read or written”. In most of the cases, this error code prevails on Mac when the users are trying to make copies of any documents or files.
Nevertheless, such an issue can appear on any version of Mac OS not irrespective of the fact whether you are using a laptop or desktop.
Though this is quite annoying that users become unable to copy important files from one directory to another one, but at the same time with the help of some effective methods, you can get rid of the issue at the earliest possible.
Keeping that on the mind, here, we are going to discuss some tricky ways that can assist you to fix error code -36 Mac.
How to Fix Mac Finder Error Code -36?
Further down, we have listed some apparent fixes that can assist you to fix the Mac error code -36 on your own.
So, it is suggested to you to walk through all of them and follow them one-by-one with great attention.
Method 1: Scan your Mac
First, you need to perform a computer scan to check there is any defect or not. This process will keep your device from any malicious software.
Thus, in order to perform this method, go through the process cited hereunder.
- At first, turn on your Mac and then navigate to the Settings.
- From the list of options, you need to choose System Preferences.
- After that, select “App Store Preference” by clicking on it.
- Here you need to sure that both the “Automatically check for updates”, “Install system data files” and “Security updates” options are checked.
- Finally, restart your device and check if the error code gets eliminated or not.
Method 2: Reset PRAM
If the first method is not workable for you, then move to this solution.
To do so, the very first thing you have to do is to turn off your Mac and in the meantime, you need to hold down both the Command option, P, R keys at the same time on your keyboard.
After that, switch on your Mac as usual. Next, for once more tap on the Command, Option, P, and R buttons until the grey startup screen appears.
When you hear the startup sound for three times, then you need to release all the keys and let your Mac turns on automatically.
Af the final step, reboot your device and check if the same Mac error code -36 is persisting or not.
Method 3: Remove the Locked Files to Fix Mac Finder Error Code -36
When the above two methods failed to resolve the Mac Finder error code -36, then try out this one by deleting the locked file from your device.
Here we have described the steps sequentially.
- The first and foremost thing you have to do is to go to the Applications option and then click on Utilities.
- Now, select Terminal by clicking on it.
- Here, you also need to launch the terminal and type “chflags -R nouchg” command in the blank box.
- Then, select the Trash option by double-clicking on it. You can find this option at the bottom Dock of the screen.
- Now, press down the Command and A for marking all the files that are found in the Trash folder.
- Here, drag the files which you want to remove from Trash to Terminal.
By chance, if you are unable to find the Terminal window, then arrange the Finder tab. It will help you to see a part of the Terminal window.
After completing the above-mentioned steps, you have to hit on the Return key on the Terminal and empty the Trash.
We hope that the mentioned methods will assist you to mitigate the error code -36 Mac permanently from your device.
All the methods are approved by professionals. So, if you fix the problem completely, then leave your valuable comment in the feedback box. Else, seek an expert’s help if you are still facing any problem.