iPhone can’t be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013)
Are you getting this error message trying to restore your iPhone or iPad using iTunes? Here are five easy solution following which you can fix your iTunes error 4013 within minutes.
You know what, a problem well defined is problem half solved. So, before going into the solution let’s discuss what causes the problem.
The iTunes error 4013 is a hardware related issue. And the problem mainly happens because of the faulty port or faulty cable. We can make it simple by saying that the problem arises due to connectivity issues on your device.
The Following can also be the reason of behind the problem:
- Weak Wi-Fi Signals
- Improper installation of iTunes
- Outdated iOS version
Fix: iTunes Error 4013
Now that we accurately know the reasons because of which you are facing iTunes Error on your computer. You can try these quick fixes to solve the problem.
Firstly, Check USB Cable and Port
Are you using the same USB cable that you got with your iOS device? If you are using an unauthorized USB cable to connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer, you might result in such issue. Try to get an Apple-approved USB cable and check whether the issue is resolved or not. Try the following things also
- Check the cable connection from your iPhone to your computer. Ensure there are no loose connections and the cable is correctly plugged in
- Unplug the cable from the USB port and then reconnect it again
- Make sure the USB cable is directly connected to the computer.
Then, Check your Wi-Fi Network
A poor Wi-Fi network connection can cause you the problem. Check your Wi-Fi connection and try to connect your iOS device to the computer and then access iTunes.
Follow these two methods. It would fix the problem surely if the poor Wi-Fi network was causing you the problem.
Restart The Wi-Fi Router
Restart your router to fix the problem. All you have to do is Press the Power Button on your Router for some minutes and unplug your router’s power cord. Keep them aside for some minutes.
Now plug them back in again and turn the router on. Connect your iPhone and access iTunes.
The problem not resolved yet? Try these advanced steps.
Update iTunes To The Latest Version
For an error-free operation, it is necessary to keep your iTunes app updated. To avoid iTunes Error 4013 update your iTunes app before using it. Go through the steps below to update iTunes application on your computer.
If you are on Windows Computer:
- Open iTunes
- Go to the menu bar at the top of the iTunes Window
- Then Choose Help and Click on Check For Updates
- Now, Simply follow the on-screen prompts to install the latest version of iTunes
Are you on Mac Computer? Then the steps below are for you…
- Open the App store on your Mac
- Click on the Updates Button at the top of the Window
- Now if any iTunes Updates are available Click the Install Button
Finally, Connect to iTunes in Recovery Mode
Put your iPhone or iPad in recovery mode to solve the iTunes error 4013.
Firstly, put the iOS device in recovery mode and then connect it to iTunes.
How to put iPhones or iPad in recovery mode?
For iPhone 8 or Higher Version:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Then, Press and Hold the Side Button until you see the recovery mode screen
For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus:
Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons simultaneously. Hold it until you see the recovery screen
For iPhone 6s or Earlier or iPad
Press and hold the Home button along with the top or side button till you see the recovery mode option
Anyway, Guys! That’s all for now. Hope you can now restore your iOS device through iTunes. Wrapping up I must say going to the experts is the best way to address this kind of issue. Visit the Apple Support Portal and talk to the chat executives to fix all your problems.