Grabbed your iPad along with the charger, plugged it into charging socket to charge it, but wait, your iPad not charging…This is weird!
You tried by plugging in and switching on and off but it does not make any difference…
Well, you can go through this article and find some easy way to solve the issue.
iPad Not Charging – Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Take a close look at your charging cable. If possible ask your friend for the same and use it to be sure the problem is not with the cable. Is the other cable working? Then the problem is with the cable. Replace the charging cable to solve the problem.
Is your iPad charging slowly?
Often people try to charge their iPad with the iPhone charger. Are you trying the same? Then it is obvious your iPad will charge slowly. iPad and iPhone chargers are of different capacities. That’s why when you try to charge your iPad with the iPhone charger the process tends to get slow. And you will find that your iPad says its charging but it’s not.
Now, take a look whether your iPad’s charging port is okay or not. You may need to clean the port at times. It is as easy as brushing your teeth. Here is my guide on how to cleaning your iPad Charging port.
Clean iPad Charging Port
There can be some junks or debris in the charging port which obstructing your charger. As I said before it is straightforward. Here are some simple steps which can help you.
- Firstly, take a flashlight and use it to check whether there are any junks or debris present in the port
- Is there any? Remove the dirt from the charging port
- Then, take a soft brush which is not an electrical conductor and brush the port gently. (Your regular toothbrush will be best to do the job)
When your iPad charging port is neat and clean, check if it is working properly now.
Have you tried all the above fixes? Is the issue not resolved yet? Try to work some advanced steps to solve the problem.
Hard Reset Your iPad
There might be software issues which not letting your iPad charging. iPad has dedicated software which allows it to charge. Hard resetting your iPad can solve the issue temporarily. Follow the steps here
If you are a user of iPad 7 or its newer version, then Press and Hold the Power Button along with the Volume down Button.
If you are on iPad 6S or older version press and hold both the power button and the home button together.
Performed all of these steps but your iPad not charging yet? Here is another method you can try to solve the problem.
Put your iPad into DFU Mode and Restore
Restoring your iPad in the DFU Mode can quickly solve the issue. It is none other than a fancy term used for factory data reset. So, before proceeding with these things remember to Backup all your data into iTunes.
Now, Follow the steps given here to restore your iPad.
- Firstly, plug in your iPad into the computer and open iTunes
- Now, Press and hold the Power button and the Home button also for 8 seconds
- After that release the power button but keep holding the Home button. Until you get the message ‘iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode’
- Then release the home button. The iPad’s screen will be completely black when you successfully enter DFU Mode.
- Now from here, you can easily restore your iPad using the iTunes.
This will readily solve the iPad not charging issue.
Now it’s time to bid adieu guys. Hope the article helped you in solving the issue. You can tell me about the other issues with your iPad by using the comment box. Calling the Apple Support Team and getting help from the expert is the best you can solve this issue. So, visit the Apple Support Portal and talk to the professional experts there.