Apple Mac freezing issue is a common but critical error to the Apple users. Moreover, it becomes an annoying issue when you try to access an app from your Mac device and it starts to freeze automatically without showing any alert. The active programs start to crash immediately and show Mac error code in different ways. However, this article will help you a lot to overcome the Mac freezing issue technically. Still, if you have any confusion on how to unfreeze a Mac, then our Apple Support team will help you to overcome “How to Unfreeze a Mac Computer” immediately.
Significant Reasons behind Mac Freezing Error
Some of the major reasons are responsible to create freezing like a problem. Let’s know what causes this error:
- Collection of junk files in the Mac cache creates the Mac freezing issue.
- Incorrect installation of System Management collector (SMC) causes this annoying problem.
- Outdated Apple software is another responsible factor behind this Mac problem.
- Malware or Spyware like a major virus can corrupt the Mac system file and the system to freeze.
- Non-volatile RAM creates sometimes a problem in running the app on Mac.
How to Unfreeze a Mac Computer – Simple Ways
There are several ways to fix the Mac freezes issue efficiently. Here, we are going to discuss them to fix this annoying issue without any hassle and you can get an idea on how to unfreeze a Mac from the following steps.
Clean up Cache File on Mac
- Turn on the Macbook and open the Finder window.
- Choose the Go from the menu bar.
- Click on the Go to Folder and open the Library folder under it.
- Select Cache folder from the next window.
- Choose the files and folders which take more spaces.
- Press the Delete key from the keyboard and it will take a fraction of seconds to clean up the section.
- Next, again go to the Cache folder again by adding the ~ symbol first and then Library, Caches respectively.
- Again, remove the files and folders which are large in size.
- Now, go to the Recycle Bin icon and open it by double-tapping on it.
- Press Ctrl + A from the keyboard and hit the Del button to delete those files or folders permanently.
- Shut down the MacBook device properly and remove the battery from it.
- Then, press the Power button and hold the button for 5-6 seconds.
- It will perform the SMC reset process and reconnect the battery once done.
- Switch on the MacBook system and check whether mac freezes issue is resolved or not.
Upgrade Apple software
- Double-click on the Apple App store and launch it.
- Click on the Updates tab from the top section of the menu bar.
- You will get an option named Software Update and choose macOS Sierra from the drop-down list.
- Tap on the Update button to start the Upgrade process.
- It will take a few minutes to perform and wait until the latest macOS version starts to download.
- Now, click on the installation files to install the latest version of macOS into your system.
- Once down, reboot the Mac and check whether the Mac device starts to freeze when you try to launch the app.
Remove Browser Extensions
- Launch the web browser (Safari/Google Chrome) by double-tapping on its icon.
- In the browser window, click on the Chome or Safari menu from the top section of the window.
- Select Preferences from the drop-down list of the Menu.
- Choose the Extensions tab from the next window and tap on it.
- Here, you will get a list of extensions and features which are installed in your browser.
- Choose one by one and tap the Uninstall button to remove it.
- Tap on the Yes button from the resultant dialog box where you are asked to confirm the process.
- When done, close the browser and re-open it to check whether the Mac freezing problem occurs or not.
Run System Security Software
- Download and install an antivirus.
- Open the software by double-tapping on it.
- Click on the Scan tab or Scan for Viruses option.
- It will represent another window. Choose either Quick Scan or Full Scan according to your choice.
- Now, hit the OK button to start the scanning process.
- It will start to scan and identify the virus infected file and shows the files on the screen along with the number of malware found on your system.
- Click on the Disinfect button to kill those malware and spyware.
- Once done, reboot the Mac device and check whether the Mac freezing issue happens again or not.
- Shut down the Mac device forcefully by tapping the Command + Control + Option + Power button together.
- When the Mac device is switched on, press Command and P, R together from the keyboard.
- Hold those keys until the device start-up tone comes and release the keys when the Apple logo appears on the Mac screen.
Kill Process on Mac
- Open the activity monitor and see the status of the processes.
- Next, choose the process which you want to kill or stop for a certain time.
- Tap on the Octagon and X sign together and complete the process.
- Once done, try to clear the cache memory and fix the Mac freezing issue.
Still Facing a Problem with Mac Error? Connect with Us
Our Apple Support team is experienced enough to fix the Mac freezes issue technically. Moreover, we have the technical knowledge to fix any issues associated with Mac device. So, if you have a double on How to Unfreeze a Mac Computer, then you can place a call at our Apple Customer Support Number and resolve all the queries regarding Mac. Our Apple Customer Service is ready to deliver you the best solutions within a short period of time.