If you are a new Mac user or don’t have any previous experience in setting up messages, then you might be thinking about How to Setup Messages on Mac.
Well, Just follow the generic guideline in order to setup text messaging on Mac and start interacting with your friends.
Generic Guideline to Setup Text Messaging on Mac
Follow the under-mentioned steps to know how to setup Messages on Mac.
- In order to begin, you can launch Messages from the desktop, dock, or the Application folder.
- Now, provide Apple ID/email address as well as password. Then, enter the verification code and check if the two-step or the two-factor verification is enabled.
- After that, press Messages option available in the Menu bar. Then, choose Preferences.
- Now, move to the Accounts tab. Choose the phone number as well as an email address where people can reach out to you.
- Then, choose phone number or email address which is visible to your peers while starting a new conversation.
How to Setup Text Forwarding on iPhone
Follow the under-mentioned steps in order to enable Text Forwarding facility on the iPhone.
- In order to begin the process, move to the Settings option. After that, click on Messages and thereafter press Send & Receive.
- On your Mac, in order to open messages, select Messages. After that, click on Preferences and then press the option marked as iMessage.
- Now, you have to ensure that you sign in to the iMessage using the earlier Apple ID.
- You need to follow a certain path on your iPhone by moving to the Settings option. After that, click on Messages and then press on Text Message Forwarding.
- Now, you can choose those devices which are capable of sending as well as receiving text messages from iPhone.
Note: If you don’t follow the two-step authentication method for the Apple ID, then you need to enter the verification code in the iPhone which you receive in another device.
Till the iPhone is switched on and connected to the Wi-Fi with the help of the cellular network, you will receive SMS/MMS texts on your device. iCloud keeps all the messages up-to-date even when you set up a new device.
How to Setup Text Messages on Mac?
If you face any adverse issues while setting up the text messages, here are some of the steps that you must follow:
- First of all, you need to ensure that Mac is running on OS X Yosemite and your iPhone is compatible with iOS 8.x.
- Now, press the option labeled as the Messages app in order to open it.
- Then, navigate to the iPhone tab. After that, click on Tap Settings option. Now, click on the Messages option.
- Thereafter, press Text Message Forwarding option. A list of all the available devices associated with your Apple ID will appear.
- Choose that one which you like to send and receive messages with. Now, click the option termed as ON.
- Then, you will find a popup where you have to provide a six-digit code. An alert window will be displayed entitled as Text Message Forwarding.
- There, you have to provide the six-digit code which you will find in the inbox in that alert window. Now, click the Allow option to complete the setup.
Wrapping Things Up
Hopefully, this article covers all the necessary information pertaining to how to setup messages on Mac. If you follow the steps serially, you will easily be able to set up the messages on Mac.
Moreover, you can refer to the user guide to have a quick glance. Apart from this, you can share your feedback in the form of comments.