Are you willing to find out how to setup wireless printer on Mac? In that case, you have found the right article which is going to show you how to do that. And you will be able to do that in a very easy and straightforward manner.
Mac computers are some of the best ones that you can find. It has got all the features that one might want and often more than that. The best thing about these computers is the reliability factor.
These devices can provide a high degree of security and your data is going to be really safe with that. But for that to happen, you will have to setup printer on Mac. So, let us go ahead and take a look at how you will be able to do that in the upcoming section.
The Simple Process of Setting Up Printer
Now, before we take a look at how we will be able to setup network printer on Mac, it is important to know the reason why you should take time to do this properly.
As we said that Mac computers have a lot of useful and reliable features. And on top of that, it can support a lot of other useful features. The wireless network printers are one of them and you have to set it up properly.
Thus, you will be able to make use of all the great facilities properly which are available. And a proper setup is also going to ensure the security aspect which is a really important thing. Especially with network printers where an exchange of data happens within a network.
So, now that you know the reason, you should consider doing the proper setup. Let us go ahead and take a look at the actual process for that.
The Step by Step Process for Setting up a Network Printer on Mac
Here are all the steps that you need to apply to setup a printer on Mac.
- The first thing that you will have to do is to figure out the name of the wireless printer. Look for all that information on the body of the printer itself. This is most likely going to be on a sticker. If you do not have that, then you can look for that on the box of the printer.
- Now, open up your Mac computer and look for the Apple Menu icon. You are going to find that on the upper left-hand side corner of the screen.
- From the list of options that come up after you click on it, look for the System Preferences.
- After that, once the new window opens up look for Printers & Scanners option, then click on the ‘+’ sign which you are going to find near the bottom left side of the window.
- Look for the IP option and click on it as you find it. After that, in the Address field enter the name of your printer.
- Here, in the Use dropdown section, the options are going to default to the Generic Printer setting.
- You will have to alter the Protocol setting after that and click on the Auto Select option. Keep the power switch of the printer On while you are doing all of this.
- Check again if the name and address of the printer that you have entered are correct.
- Click on the Add button that you are going to find there on the screen. If you face any error message in this step, then just click on the Cancel button.
- In the final step of this process, you will see an Options window with the icon of a printer. Here you will be able to make all the custom settings that you want to. Then, after you choose all that you need to from there, click on the OK button.
This completes the instructional process for the setup procedure of the network printers with Mac computers. After you have done all of this, you will be able to enjoy all the features that this system provides.