iPad error 4013 is not an uncommon error which frequently appears when users try to restore their iPad by using iTunes. Moreover, this error occurs when the restoration fails due to some reasons. Hence, it might be essential to restore your iPad if it isn’t working correctly.
Thus, you need to eliminate iPad restore error 4013 to continue the restoration process. Keep reading this article if you want to get out of this situation without any delay.
Exact Ways to Fix iPad Error 4013 Manually:
We have listed down some of the effective ways that you can try out for iPad 4013 error fix.
Method 1: Check the USB Connector and Port
A faulty USB cable or port can be the primary reason for restoration errors. Thus, you need to ensure that you aren’t using a defective USB cable and have connected it to a correct USB port.
- Connect your iPad to another USB port using the same USB cable.
- Open iTunes on your PC and use it for restoring your iPad.
- If the process fails, then change the USB cable and see whether any differences take place or not.
- Soon you will be able to restore your iPad if the USB port of USB cable was faulty.
Method 2: Configure the iPad
An incorrect configuration of the iPad is another cause of iPad error 4013. Thus, reset your iPad by the following steps correctly.
- First of all, restart the iPad and open the Settings app.
- Click ‘General Settings’ and tap the ‘Reset’ button under it.
- Next, tap the ‘Reset All Settings’ button and wait until the process is completed.
Method 3: Check the Internet Connection
It is important to check the internet connection since it is a requirement for restoring the iPad.
- So, turn on both your iPad and computer and connect them to a WiFi.
- Open iTunes on your PC and try to restore the iPad.
- If the process fails, then change the network connection and shift to a network that is stable.
Method 4: Enable the DFU Mode
Another name for the DFU mode is Recovery Mode which is intended to fix different iOS problems easily. Hence, connect your iPad to your PC and launch iTunes.
Then, press the ‘Sleep/Wake’ button on your iPad and do not release it until the device enters DFU mode. Remain in DFU mode and check whether you can restore your iPhone or not.
Method 5: Update iTunes
You won’t encounter iPad restore error 4013 if you Update iTunes to its latest version.
So, follow the steps stated below to update iTunes successfully:
- Turn on the wireless connection on both your iPad and computer.
- Then, open the iTunes window on your PC and click the ‘iTunes’ menu.
- iTunes checks for the available updates and displays the same on your PC.
- Click on the ‘Install’ button next to the pending updates and wait until the process gets over.
- Then, use the updated version of iTunes to restore your iPad.
Method 6: Free Up Disk Space
Restoration of the iPad might fail due to lack of sufficient space on your device. Hence, free up some space on your iPad by the following steps and then try to restore the device.
- Turn on your iPad and open the Settings app.
- Click on the ‘General’ tab on the Settings window and select the ‘Storage and iCloud usage’ option.
- Tap the ‘Manage Storage’ button and choose an app that is occupying too much space on your device.
- Press and hold the app and select the ‘Uninstall’ option from the popup.
- Repeat the above steps in order to uninstall more than one app from your iPad.
Note: You can reinstall the app from the App Store afterward.
Method 7: Perform a Factory Reset And check If The iPad Error 4013 Is Resolved Or Not
- Go to Settings and select ‘iCloud.’
- Click on the ‘iCloud Backup’ option under the ‘Backup’ tab and tap the ‘Backup Now’ button.
- Then, go back to the Settings window and select ‘Manage Storage’ to check the backup created.
- Stay on the Setting app and tap the ‘Reset’ button under the ‘General’ tab.
- Select ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ and enter the passcode you have set for your device.
- Enter both your Apple ID and password to start the factory reset.
- Wait until you come across a welcome screen which you need to swipe to finish the process.
Hope, one of the above methods will definitely help you in fixing the iPad error 4013. For any queries, you can leave your feedback in the comment section below.