For Apple Support Number, Call us now @
The extension is a built-in trick in every iPhone to avoid the hassle for dialing a contact separately. It saves you time as well as effort.
If you save a number with an extension, then you don’t have to go through the contact list to reach a particular person.
Once you have saved a number with an extension, the extension is automatically dialed when you dial a particular contact.
Now to know more, read this article carefully and get the task done.
Advantages of Adding an Extension on iPhone:
An extension is helpful for saving your official contacts especially when you are involved in customer service. You won’t have to worry whether you are hitting wrong numbers on the contact list.
Similarly, it would be of great help at the time of making conference calls from your iPhone. Dialing an extension removes the hassle of remembering information to search for contacts before placing a call.
It is easy to add extra calling codes like an extension to your contact numbers. Unless you know how to save the extension, you won’t be able to find the person that you are trying to call.
The only thing is that you need to be aware of the steps for adding an extension to a contact number.
Therefore, follow this article, so that you can save the extension without any mistakes. Otherwise, you would have to start everything from the beginning.
Steps for How to Dial an Extension on iPhone:
We have clearly explained how to call an extension on your iPhone. Follow the guide and dial an extension on iPhone.
Save an Extension on iPhone
Before you learn how to dial an extension, it is essential to know the process of saving the extensions.
If you have a mindset to call an extension regularly, then save that in your iPhone contacts. This will make it easier for you the next time when you will dial the extension.
So let’s look at the steps of how to save an extension.
- Open Contact on your iPhone and check whether the extension number is saved or not. If not, then follow the next step.
- Tap the ‘Plus’ sign at the upper right corner of the Contact app and search for the contact number to which you want to add an extension.
- Then, select the particular number and tap the ‘Edit’ button on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Alternatively, you can find out the extension number and tap the ‘Plus’ button next to it.
- Type a name on the keyboard that appears at the bottom of the iPhone’s screen.
- Now tap the ‘Done’ button to save the extension with the particular name.
Dial an Extension on iPhone
Now we have come to the main section of this article where we will discuss the process of dialing an extension.
Hence, perform the following instructions as stated below:
- Turn on the iPhone and open the Phone app.
- Dial the main number that is saved in the contact list of your iPhone.
- Press and hold the ‘*’ icon until a comma appears on the phone display.
- The comma instructs your iPhone to dial the intended extension after setting up a connection with the primary phone number.
- Then, enter the extension number just after the comma and tap the green-colored ‘Call’ button.
- It will redirect the call straight to the person you are trying to reach.
Note: Do not leave the ‘*’ button until the comma appears on the screen. The comma acts as a pause to indicate your iPhone that you want to dial an extension.
Hope, you have perceived a clear idea of how to call a number with an extension. If you have followed the steps carefully, then it won’t be arduous for you to dial an extension on iPhone.