Like all the tech devices the products of Apple are also not glitch-free. At the time of using the iPhone, many of the users face different kinds of annoying errors and, among them, iPhone error 18 is a really frustrating one. One might face this kind of error because of a corrupt media library on the device that can’t be updated or modified properly. That is why, at the time of trying to update or download an app, iTunes asks to restore it. But, when you try to restore it, it informs that ‘iPhone’ could not be restored. If you are also in the same condition like this, and facing iPhone error (-18) during restore then you don’t need to worry anymore. We are here to help you in every way to get rid of this problem. Let’s start the process to fix the error and get the results in real time.
Easy Processes to Fix the iPhone Error 18
Here, in this part of the article, we are describing some quick and easy methods that will help you to fix the error in minutes. Have a look:
Method 1: Restore Settings
When you face a problem like error 18 iPhone you can try to resolve the problem by restoring the device data to factory settings with the help of iTunes. And to do so, follow these steps.
- First of all, start the process by going into the Settings section of your iPhone.
- And then, from there, you have to go to the General tab to perform a full delete of settings and data to continue with the process.
- Now, hold the power key and the home key while the Apple logo appears and hard-reset the iPhone.
- Once you are done with the above step you just have to plug back into iTunes.
- After that, you will see that iTunes will recognize the iPhone and then it will offer you to perform a restore or set it up fresh.
- Here, at this step, you should agree to the prompts by selecting the Restore button. And by doing so you can complete the process.
After that iTunes will be able to download the latest firmware and restore your device that will help your iPhone to get rid of the error.
Method 2: Updating Latest Version of iTunes
If the above steps fail to work for you then you should go for this method. In this method, we will describe the process of updating to the latest version of iTunes that can help you to fix the issue in minutes. To do so, perform the upcoming steps one by one accurately.
- First of all, open up iTunes.
- After that, to continue the process you have to click the Help tab that you can find on the main menu bar at the top of the iTunes window.
- Next, you need to hit the option Check for Updates. After doing so, you will be prompted with the information ‘A new version of iTunes is available.’
- Now, in this step, you have to download the new version. To do so, tap the option ‘Download iTunes.’
- To install the latest version in the correct way, you need to follow the onscreen instructions.
After finishing the whole task, check if the error has resolved or is still there. If you find that the error still persists, then go to the next method and try to fix the error.
Method 3: Start Syncing
If all the above processes are refusing to work for you, then you can try to recover your iPhone with the help of the syncing process.
- To start syncing on your iPhone, first of all, after unlocking it turn off the iPhone.
- And now, continue the process by pressing the home key. Once you are done with the process, relock it.
- Then you will see that with an iTunes logo & a cable pictured on-screen, your iPhone will go into recovery mode.
- And now, you just need to follow the onscreen iTunes instructions to recover properly and start syncing.
We hope that after performing this you will get your iPhone rid of this error. But if you are still facing the problem, then you can contact us on our helpline number to erase this error from your iPhone permanently. Our well-trained and experienced professionals are always there for you to provide you the best Apple Customer Service at an affordable price. Whether you like or dislike our article, feel free to express your view on that. You and your comments are equally important to us to provide you the best articles that will help you to resolve these kinds of issues with ease.