For Apple Support Number, Call us now @
iPad error 3194 normally occurs while trying to upgrade your iPad or other iOS devices to a new version of the Operating System. Sometimes users witness this error while restoring an iOS device from a backup.
This error generally states that something is wrong with the Operating System of your device. For instance, you might have modified the Operating System by jailbreaking or the current version of OS is no longer valid.
This is why you need some immediate solutions to remove this error by your own. It will be a pretty smooth process to eliminate iPad restore error 3194 if you go through this article.
Step by Step Instructions to Fix iPad Error 3194:
Check out the possible ways of solving this issue so that you can upgrade your iPad effectively.
Method 1: Update iTunes
Users often encounter iPad restore error 3194 when they try to restore the iOS device with iTunes. Thus, try out this method before proceeding to the remaining ones.
- Connect your iPad to your PC and launch iTunes if it isn’t opened. Otherwise, jump to the next step directly.
- Click the ‘Check for updates’ button and select ‘Download iTunes’ on the popup window.
- Then, tap on the ‘Download iTunes’ button and go to the Apple menu.
- Navigate to the App Store and you will automatically come across the ‘Updates’ window.
- You will right away see if an update is available for iTunes.
- If the update isn’t available, then click the ‘More’ tab to expand the ‘Software Updates’ section.
- Now you are going to find the pending update for iTunes.
- So, tap the ‘Update’ button next to ‘iTunes Update’ and wait for the App Store program to download and install the update.
- The update will disappear from the window, once the process is completed.
- Launch iTunes on your PC and try to upgrade or restore the iPad.
Method 2: Check the Network Connection
A stable network connection is a basic requirement to upgrade or restore an iOS device. Thus, confirm that you have connected your device to a proper network.
If you are using a modem, then ensure that it is working correctly. Similarly, those of you are using a router, ensure that your PC is within the range of the router.
If you fail to reach Apple’s server, then you won’t be able to upgrade or restore your iPad. If necessary change the network connection and then try to restore or upgrade your iPad.
Method 3: Try Another Computer
The current computer might be having some issues with restoring or upgrading your iPad. Hence, use another computer to carry on these activities.
So, connect your iPad to a different computer by using a USB cable. Then, open iTunes on your PC and see whether you can restore or upgrade your iPad or not.
Method 4: Edit your Host Files
This is a fairly complicated method but can help you in fixing iPad error 3194. Here’s how you can edit the host file on your iPad.
- First, exit iTunes and open your host file.
- If prompted, then enter the password you use to log into your PC.
- Locate the host file entry for ‘gs.apple.com.’ and navigate to the next section.
- Type ‘#’ and then add a space at the beginning of the ‘gs.apple.com’ file.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to save the file and close the file.
- Restart the system and try to upgrade or restore the iOS device.
- Nail down your way to the next method if you come across the same error.
Note: If you are not a tech-savvy person, then consult with an expert to fix the misconfigurations present in the host file.
Method 5: Temporarily Uninstall the Antivirus
Some antiviruses are found to be interfering with the restoration or upgradation of the iPad. Therefore, disable the antivirus to check whether it is the actual cause of the problem or not.
Here are the steps to perform the method:
- Type ‘Control Panel’ in the Windows search bar and press the ‘Enter’ button to access the Control Panel window.
- Click on the ‘Programs and Features’ option and choose ‘Programs.’
- Then, click on the ‘Uninstall a program’ link and search for the antivirus you want to uninstall.
- Click ‘OK’ on the resulting popup to confirm the action.
- Wait until you receive a confirmation message for uninstalling the antivirus.
- If asked, then restart the PC and try to restore or upgrade your iPad.
Hope, this article was helpful to you and fixed the iPad error 3194 permanently on your device. If you have any question, then specify the same in the comment section below this article.