If you enter the wrong password to login to the iOS device, then chances are higher that the device might get locked automatically after a certain attempt. Moreover, you can see an unexpected error message, “your iPhone is disabled”.
As a result, you won’t be able to use that device further without ignoring this severe problem.
However, we are going to discuss some of the essential steps to run hard reset the iPhone 6 without any hassle.
How to Reset iPhone 6?
Here are some of the technical steps that we are going to define. This will surely help you to run the hard reset iPhone 6 quickly.
So, try out the steps given below and remove the iPhone lock successfully.
Reset via iCloud
If you have an iCloud account, then it will be easier to perform the iPhone Hard Reset program. Hence, do the following:
- Open another Apple device or computer device and launch a browser by tapping on its icon.
- Now, go to the iCloud Official website and click on the Find option from the iCloud window.
- Then, sign in the device with the Apple ID and tap on the All Devices option at the top bar of the window.
- After that, choose the iPhone 6 from the list of Apple devices that appeared on the display.
- Next, choose the locked iPhone 6 and click on the Erase iPhone button to perform the reset operation.
- Wait until the successful message regarding the hard reset process is displayed on the screen and reboot the iPhone in Normal Mode.
- Finally, restart the iPhone and check whether the factory reset removes all the necessary apps from your iPhone 6 or not.
Perform Reset by Using the iTunes
iTunes is an in-built app in all the Apple devices and it is very helpful to overcome the iPhone locking error very efficiently.
- First, connect the iPhone to a Mac device or PC via USB cables and open the iTunes from that device.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the passcode to authenticate the Apple ID.
- After finishing the verification process, use the Recovery Mode and use another device for recovery purposes.
- Then, iTunes will sync the data from the iPhone 6 and make a restore point. If any problem occurs, then click on the Device tab from the iTunes window. Now, press the Sync button at the right-bottom corner of the screen.
- Next, click on Restore from the iTunes backup window when the synchronization program is finished.
- Finally, choose the iTunes backup and confirm the data retrieval process to complete the hard reset iPhone 6 very easily.
Reset iPhone with Recovery Mode
- First, connect the iPhone to another iPhone or a Mac system.
- Now, open the iTunes app window and when you get a confirmation message, “iPhone6 gets connected”, try to reboot the iPhone.
- To restart the iPhone forcefully, you might press the Sleep/Wake button and press the HOME button at the same time. Then, open the Recovery Mode Screen.
- Then, choose the restore option when you are asked to update or restore the data. Wait until the iPhone shows the unlock status.
- Download software for reset the locked iPhone on your other device and choose unclocked Apple ID option when the iPhone is locked in the iCloud app.
- Now, connect the iPhone 6 to that system and your iPhone will be detected by that system after tapping the Next button.
- After that, click on the Download button and e software will start to download and starts to verify the firmware.
- Next, click on the Start to Extract to unzip the downloaded file when the download process is finished.
- Then, click on the Start Unlock option and enter the value as “000000” into that specific text box. After that, tap on the Unlock button to start the hard reset process.
- When it is completed, you won’t find the iPhone passcode and everything will be deleted from your device.
Wrapping it Up
This content especially provides a strong implication about the methods on how to hard reset iPhone 6 effortlessly. Moreover, we have defined multiple steps that help you to avoid the phone locking like annoying issues effectively.
Therefore, you can follow this article and enhance the performance of the iPhone very easily. However, if you are not a tech-savvy person it is better to opt for professional help and get rid of this severe problem with ease.