Error Code -50 Mac is one of the most common issues that is often encountered by a number of users. Basically, it is a file transfer error.
An error message “the operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50)” constantly appears on the screen.
When the users try to transfer files from one drive to another, this error code appears on the screen. It does not matter whatever you are sharing, the error message constantly appears on the display.
Reasons Of Error Code -50 Mac:
There are a number of reasons that are responsible for getting the issue. In case, if the system files get corrupted or the software gets outdated, then there is a chance of encountering the same issue.
Any hardware related issue is equally responsible for this error code. In addition to this, problems with junk files or cache can lead to the issue.
We suggest that if you notice the same error code on your Mac device, then solve it at the earliest you can. Here, you can find some efficacious methods that can ease your work in order to solve the issue.
Check out the solutions properly and try out the methods cautiously.
Amazing Methods to Get Rid of Error Code -50 Mac: Stepwise Guidance
When you are getting this error code -50 Mac for the first time, then it becomes quite a difficult task for you to get rid of it without any help.
Keeping this in the mind, we are going to discuss some helpful methods to permanently solve your queries.
Solution 1: Verify the Login Items
In case, if the login items are not given properly, then you can face this issue. So, you have to check the login details correctly.
- The very first thing you have to do is to go to the System Preferences option by clicking on it.
- After that, select the “Users & Groups” icon.
- Next, choose on your account icon and move to the Login Items option. You can find this option on the right-hand corner of the display.
- Here, you need to click on the items from the list.
- Now, if you want to remove the item you have to click on the Minus icon.
After finishing the process, restart your Mac device and review if the problem is fixed or still showing up.
Solution 2: Clean Junk, Caches and Temporary Files
In case, if the Operating System and programs get corrupted, then they can interfere with your computer’s work and you might get the error code -50 Mac as well.
In such cases, you need to clear out that files from your device.
- First of all, navigate to the Finder Menu.
- Then move to choose the “Go to Folder” option from the drop-down menu.
- When the dialog box appears ion the screen, you need to enter the ~/Library/Caches command and tap on Go.
- But remember that, you have to create a backup record of the files you are planning to remove.
- To do so, you need to choose all the files and folders that are present in the Cache folder.
- Press down the CMD and A keys at the same time to do so.
- Now, transfer the selected files to the Trash folder and as well as clear the Trash folder.
Solution 3: Install All the Available Updates
Seldom the old software restricts you from using the Mac device easily. In such instances, you need to check for updates and install them properly to get rid of the issue.
- At first, go to the Home screen and also navigate to the App Store bar.
- After that, select the Update tab by clicking on it.
- At the final step, tap on the Update All option and check for the available updates.
- If you find any, then click on it and wait until it gets downloaded. But do not turn off your device or open any tab while the updating is going on.
Sometimes, the old software prevents you from using the computer easily. Therefore, due to the old software or system, this error may occur. For this reason, you need to check for updates and install.
- At first, navigate to the Home screen.
- Then, go to the App Store bar.
- Next, choose the Update tab.
- Finally, click on the Update All button and check for the available updates.
Solution 4: Reset PRAM And Check If The Error Code -50 Mac Is Solved Or Not
When all the methods failed, then resetting the PRAM will definitely fix the issue.
- First of all, you need to switch off your Mac.and tap on the Power button.
- In the meantime, press down the Command, Option, P and R keys altogether until your computer starts the rebooting process. When you hear the startup sound twice, release all the buttons.
- Now, the PRAM has been reset.
Finally, check if turn the Mac on and check if you are still getting error code -50 Mac or not.
Hopefully, you will be benefitted by the above solutions. But in case, if you face any problem then reach out for a professional’s help for more assistance.
Else, leave your comment in the feedback box if the article is beneficial for you.