Error code 18 iTunes is a common issue concerning a good number of Apple users. It generally occurs when you try to restore your iOS device via iTunes. The iPhone Error 18 stops the restoration process and your device fails to restore. The error can arise at the starting of the restoration process as well as the midst of the process. iTunes error 18 mostly occurs due to a corrupted media library that can neither be modified or updated. iTunes might have asked you to restore your device while trying to download an app or update the firmware.
This error is accompanied by another message that says ‘The Device could not be restored.’ The error indicates that you will need to have the latest version of iTunes for your device. Well, here is the article to guide you on how to fix this error with simple solutions.
Causes of Error Code 18 iTunes
There could be a number of reasons behind the occurrence of this error and a poor activation server is one of them. You might encounter the error if your iDevice is jailbroken without your knowledge. Jailbreak sometimes conflict with the device memory and iTunes assumes that your device lacks sufficient memory for restoration. If a corrupted library is not the actual cause of this error, then the problem might lie with the ‘Find My iPhone’ feature.
Solutions to Fix Error 18 iTunes
Let talk about the ways of getting rid of this error permanently from your device.
Solution 1: Restore Device Settings
Often a simple restoration of settings proves to be useful to resolve such issues. Hence, try out to reset the settings and check whether it resolves the problem or not. So, follow the steps given below to restore your device to factory settings using iTunes.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your iOS device and navigate to the ‘General’ tab.
- Select all settings and data and tap the ‘Delete’ button.
- Now, hold the Power button and press the Home button until the Apple logo appears on the display. It is the process of hard reset for the devices.
- Then, launch iTunes and see whether it recognizes your device or not.
- Alternatively, you can connect your device to a PC via a USB cable and launch iTunes.
- If iTunes recognizes your device, then press the ‘Restore’ button.
- Agree to the on-screen prompts and wait until iTunes performs a restore to set your device for a fresh start.
Solution 2: Update iTunes to its Latest Version To Ignore Error Code 18 iTunes
Apply this solution as it is not going to take much of your time. To do that, follow the steps as discussed below.
- Open iTunes on your iOS device and tap the ‘Help’ button at the top of the iTunes window.
- Tap the ‘Check for updates’ button and wait for a few seconds.
- If a prompt says that a new version of iTunes is available, then tap the ‘Download iTunes’ button.
- When the download is over, follow the on-screen prompts to install the latest version of iTunes.
- Tap the ‘Finish’ button to end the process and restart your device.
Solution 3: Sync your Device
Try out this solution as many Apple users have recovered their device through a syncing process.
- At first, you need to unlock your device and switch it off.
- Press the Home button to enter your device into the recovery mode.
- The iTunes logo appears as the device enters the recovery mode.
- Start the syncing process according to the on-screen instructions.
Move on to the next solution if the error code continues to occur.
Solution 4: Update the Firmware
As an outdated firmware is an integral part of error code 18 iTunes. So, update the firmware and fix the issue. Follow these steps to update your device firmware.
- Use a USB cable for connecting your device to a PC and open the Control Panel.
- Select ‘Devices and Printers’ and choose your device.
- Click on ‘Settings’ and locate the firmware.
- Right-click on the firmware and select the ‘Check for updates’ option.
- Click on the ‘Install Updates’ button next to the pending updates and get them on your device.
- Restart your device to let the changes take effect and make an attempt to restore it.
- You will no longer come across the error if it has been solved already.
Avail the Excellent Apple Service at Your Doorstep
Hope the iPhone problem is resolved. However, if not, then connect with our Apple Customer Support. We have quite a good number of experts to look after all Apple issues. We tailor our services as per the needs of individual customers. Our professionals have dealt with iTunes error 18 and fixed it successfully for several Apple users. Hence, you can think of availing our services within your budget. To contact us, give us a call at our Apple Customer Support Number and recover your device. We will provide you the simple and shortest method to solve the errors.