Are you worried about how to perform Apple Airport extreme setup? Then this is the right place to solve your doubts at the earliest possible.
In this ever-growing world, we can’t deny the importance of a router. Also, a router is of no importance, if you don’t know the setup process. As a result, you won’t get the best output of the router.
Keeping that in the mind here, in this guide, we are walking through the Apple Extreme setup process. Just follow each and every step very carefully and do not skip any of them.
The most important thing while going through these steps is not to overlook any step or make any mistake while implementing the methods.
How to Setup Apple Airport Extreme?
The Apple Extreme setup is not such a big deal if you follow this section properly and apply the steps without making any mistake. Have a look at the rest of the guide and learn the procedures in detail.
But before going to the technical methods, you have to perform some initial configuration steps that are required for getting a wireless network.
- First, you have to take out the Apple Airport Extreme router from the box. Then, find the On/Off switch. Tap the button for a few seconds. When it turns on, plug the cable to the Power supply.
- In case, you want to connect the router to the internet, then take an ethernet cable as well. Plug in the cable to the WAN port of the router.
- Now, switch on your Mac device and navigate to the “AirPort Utility application” by clicking on it. If you find that the utility needs an update, then tap on the Update Firmware icon.
- Keep waiting for a few moments while the downloading is going on. After completion of the update process, click on the Continue icon.
- On the next page, click on the Airport Extreme option and put a name for the Airport Extreme as per your preference. This name helps you to differentiate your router from the other Airport devices.
Now, you need to set a password for the router. Provide the password in the “AirPort Extreme Password” field and then hit on the Verify Password icon.
Apart from that, you can also use Password Assistant for generating a secure and strong password.
What to do Next After Generating a Password?
After hitting on the Verify Password icon, you can choose the “Remember this password in my keychain” option for saving the passcode in the keychain Access database.
Then, go through the below steps:
- Now, tap on the Continue icon and next navigate to choose the “I want to create a new wireless network” option.
- For one more time, tap on Continue and then provide a name for your wireless network. Be sure that, this name will be displayed by the people while they search for your network.
- Choose WPA2 Personal option and provide a password for securing the wireless network. Again, tap on Continue option.
- Now, you can see that the Airport Utility will detect the connection automatically. In case the Airport Extreme is connected with a router, then you have to choose Bridge Mode, else choose “Share a single IP address using DHCP and NAT” option.
- Again, you have to click on Continue icon and choose DHCP and then Configure the IPv4 menu.
- For the last time, tap on Continue. From the recent tab, choose the Update option and keep patience until the device performs the restart.
When the screen shows the “Setup Complete” icon, then it seems that you have successfully configured your Apple Extreme setup. Thus, tap on Quit and try to connect the router with a device.
However, we hope that this guide will be beneficial if you didn’t know how to set up the Apple Airport router.
In any case, if you still in trouble with the setup method, then get in touch with a professional for further assistance.